Updated October 1, 2009
All software listed on this site is free
Home | Help! | Mac Help | Links | Mobile | Video Tutorials
Anti-Virus and Firewall Tools
Free Online Virus / Spyware / Malware scan
Free Stand-Alone Virus Scan
- Free Full Version Anti-Virus software
Free Firewall Software
- A stand-alone utility used to detect and remove specific viruses. Useful for putting on a USB drive and scanning computers with no internet connection.
- CW Shredder
- ESET SysInspector (online scanner)
- Very detailed collection of things running on your pc. -no install. Also has an online malware remover.
- Hijack This
- LSP Fix
- Process Explorer by Microsoft
- Shows you information about which handles and DLLs processes have opened or loaded.
- Site Advisor
- This browser plugin tells you whether a site you are about to click on is safe or not.
- Spybot Search and Destroy
- Spyware Blaster
- Spyware Terminator
- Windows Defender
- Winsock XP Fix (Home Page)
- Novell Client 4.91 sp5 XP/2000/2003
- Novell Client 2.0 Vista, 7, 2008 ONLY
- Groupwise 7.0.3 Client (Windows All)
- Groupwise 7.0.3 Client (Old Mac PPC)
- Groupwise 7.0.3 Client (New Intel Mac)
- Groupwise Messenger 2
- Groupwise PDA Connect
- Groupwise PDA Connect 7.01
- iPrint (beta) client Windows 7
- Bulk Rename Utility
- One of the most useful free programs for renaming / editing file names in bulk.
- Comodo System Cleaner
- Registry, disk, and privacy cleaner. System settings / Windows tweaker. Diagnostics. Benchmark. Task manager. File Splitter. File eraser, folder lock, file encryption. File compare. Rename tool. File pend delete. Disk space explorer. Detailed system information
- Recovers data from damaged or scratched CD/DVD/Hard disk/Floppy. Unlike Windows, it won't stop when it comes across data that cannot be copied. note: uncheck the option to install an internet explorer addon on installation.
- Cleans all the junk files off of your pc. Highly recommended to clean up disk space.
- Free defrag program that works very well.
- Duplicate file cleaner. Scans files, or mp3s on your hard drive and shows you if you have 2 of the same file on your computer.
- Shreds all your erased files on your hard drive so they are unrecoverable.
- Alternative to Internet Explorer, tabbed browsing, lots of add-ons, skins, very customizable
- This by far is the coolest program ever written for a computer. Explore our earth, sea, and sky in this incredible app.
- A helpful addon to Firefox or Internet Explorer, lots of useful Google tools.
Java updater/remover (assumes you have java installed)
- Did you delete a file on accident and need it back? Even if you empty your recycle bin, this will recover the file.
- This program checks for updates to your existing Java install and can remove old versions you probably don't need.
Macromedia Flash Player
- Disk (iso) mounting utility. Virtually mount a CD from a disk image file.
Office 2007 compatibility pack for Office 2003
- A free WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) web page creator/editor. (Home Page)
- Works with Windows, Linux, and OSX.
- Alternative PDF reader. Much faster than Adobe. Much smaller than Adobe and Foxit
Powertoys for Windows XP
- The best photo manager in the world. And it is free.
Remote Desktop 6.0 for XP
- Windows tool for tweaking XP/2000. Tweak UI, Raw Viewer, Command here, SyncToy, etc.
- This is the new Remote Desktop client that you must install on XP if you are connecting to a Vista machine.
- Scans your Hard Drive and gives you a graphical representation of your data. Useful to quickly view what is on your disk so you can see what files are taking up the most room. (Bigger files have big squares, little files have little squares)
- Scans your installed programs and shows which ones need to be updated.Very thorough.
- "Backup and synchronize your files to: the same drive; a different drive or medium (CDRW, CompactFlash, etc); an FTP server; a Network; or a Zip archive."
Unknown Device Identifier
- "Powerful free data recovery software designed to help recover lost partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again" (command line interface: Advanced users)
- Identify the unknown hardware on your system so you can download drivers.
- Run a full copy of Windows or Linux inside a virtual machine on your computer (Windows, Linux, OSX). Same as Parallels or VMWare Workstation only free.
Works to Word Converter
- Shows you what is running, and their dependencies. Very useful to find what's hogging memory or cpu, or spyware and other unwanted programs in Windows.
- Install on Office XP, 2000, and 97 only; Office 2003 has it built in.